Bangalay Cottage and Apartment are situated on the southern shore of the Wagonga Inlet – just a 15 minute drive (or a 20 minute boat ride) from the Narooma township through the magnificent Bodalla State Forest.
If using Google Maps for directions, please note that, while “Bangalay” will be flagged following a Google Inquiry for “Bangalay Cottage and Apartment Narooma”, the directions accompanying the map are not always accurate.
If using a GPS or Satellite Navigation System, enter the address as “664 Scenic Drive”, Narooma”. Sometimes the address is listed as “Wagonga Scenic Drive”. Please note that most stop short of the final destination or send people too far, as they do not recognise small unmarked access road hence the street number 664. It is recommended that you print out the map and directions listed here to make your arrival more relaxed. When printing the map, make sure you select the “landscape/full page” option!
Directions from Narooma Post Office (the town’s first set of traffic lights coming from the north):
- Head SOUTH on Princes Highway for 2 kms, then
- Turn RIGHT at Old Highway, drive for 2.5 km, then
- Turn RIGHT onto Scenic Drive (sometimes marked as “Wagonga Scenic Drive”)
- Continue for 5 km on well maintained gravel road
- Cross Punkalla Bridge, continue for 2km, then
- Turn RIGHT into a small laneway (with “Bangalay 664” on a green sign nailed to a tree)
- At the end of the laneway veer LEFT though Bangalay’s gate and continue down the drive towards a cluster of buildings and the waterfront!